Sunburst's Archiving & Restoration Services, a division of Sunburst Recording, was launched in 2003 in response to the ever-increasing need to transfer aging analog audio to digital formats. Conversion to CD, reel to reel tape transfers to CD, cassette tape transfers to CD, vinyl to CD transfers, acetate to CD transfers, and more . Starting with existing recording clients and then expanding to educational institutions and private collectors, the division has enjoyed great success in a field that has a bright and exciting future.
Our audio archiving and restoration services are outlined below…
Analog to digital transfers using Apogee converters to AIFF audio files, "Red Book" CD-R's and ProTools HD-3 from the following formats…
– From 1/4" reel to reel: 1/2 & 1/4 track formats at 30, 15, 7.7, 3.75, 1.875 and 0.9375 IPS.
– From vinyl and acetate records up to 14" transcriptions, 33.33, 45 & 78 RPM.
– From standard audio cassette, DAT, micro & mini dictation cassettes and 8 track cartridges.
– From multi-tracks: 2" 24 track with or without Dolby SR and Dolby A at 30 & 15 i.p.
– Equalization, compression, limiting.
– Editing, splice replacements, leaders.
– De-noise, de-click, de-pop.
– Speed correction & adjustment,
– Tape baking / drying.
All transfers to 24, 20 or 16 bit resolution at sampling rates of 96 khz, 88.2 khz, 48 khz or 44.1 khz.
Recent clients include UCLA Oral History Program, UCLA Library Special Collections and Performing Arts, Random House Audio Books, The Vienna Jewish Museum, Shout! Factory Entertainment and SSJ Records (Japan).